Tuesday 28 June 2011

Thing 2: Blogging

I read a lot of blogs. A lot. I use Feedreader to collect them and go through phases. I recently spent far too long reading about unattainably beautiful interior design, crafts and fashion before feeling guilty and finding more work-related blogs. I recently worked on a freelance project researching museums, technology and participation, so still follow a lot of the blogs I found through this.

I love Claire Ross's Digital Nerdosaurus blog because she always seems to be working so hard and her passion for what she writes about really inspires me. She talks about projects in the Digital Humanities that I find very interesting and I think she balances professionalism and personal insight really well.

I'm noticing a theme in the blogs I'm choosing to write about - what I really admire about them is their dedication to what they do. Nina Simon at Museum 2.0 went from working as an educator in museums 10 years ago to setting up her own consultancy and writing about museums, technology and participation to being Executive Director of the Museum of Art and History in Santa Cruz. She writes about really complicated issues of participatory experiences in museums in a very down-to-earth way (and I used her theories as part of my dissertation on this!)

Right, I need to go away and do some commenting and then I'll report back on what else I've found.

No comments:

Post a Comment